Social Security Disability is our only business


Kansas City Social Security Disability Attorney - Serving Both Kansas And Missouri

It is a frustrating feeling to work hard your whole life to support yourself and your family only to suffer a debilitating injury or illness that cuts your career short. It's even more frustrating when Social Security, the government safety-net that you have been contributing to for years, denies your claim to collect Social Security Disability benefits.

At the Law Offices of Sharon J. Meyers, in Kansas City, Missouri, we understand how the frustration caused by not being able to go to work is compounded by the stress of facing mounting bills and not having sufficient income to pay them.

Our first message is not to panic if your initial application for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) has been denied. Some 80 percent of first-time applicants are denied benefits by the Social Security Administration.

Overland Park SSDI Attorney

It is common and important to appeal a denial of an initial SSDI or SSI claim. The key is to be persistent. And it helps to enlist the services of an experienced Social Security disability lawyer who understands the complex application process.

Our experienced legal team — and it truly is a team effort at the Law Offices of Sharon J. Meyers — has helped thousands of Missouri and Kansas residents receive the full disability benefits they deserve. We are a local firm that was established in 1981, and we are entirely focused on Social Security disability law.

We know what sort of information wins Social Security disability cases. Once you select us to represent you, we take the lead in gathering all of the medical records and additional information that is necessary to support your claim. We handle all communication with your doctors, submit all forms to the Social Security Administration and monitor every deadline for you. We present your strongest legal arguments to the decision-makers who will approve your claim, including the administrative law judge (ALJ), if your case reaches that level.